20 August 2010

In which much is gathered

As Wednesday the 25th draws ever closer, the reality of heading to Cairo, Egypt is beginning to set in.  It would be an understatement to say that I'm excited, but there's a certain level of trepidation in my thoughts as well.  Not only am I a little low on information, but I'm trying to commit to keeping a blog.  Please don't expect much from me, though I will try to keep up as much as I can.  The best way to do that, as far as I'm concerned, is going to be if people ask questions or have things to which I can respond.     

I am beginning to actively pack all of my clothes, books, and other travel supplies, given that I'm getting on a plane in less than a week.  There are still several people to see here in the the Springs, and at least a day's worth of errands to run.  So I'll be working on that, and trying to decide exactly how many suitcases to take.  Yes, my preparations are thrilling.  Soon I'll have more interesting things to relate, I hope.

In other news, I'm soliciting book recommendations to fulfill my need to read anything interesting in response to my recent deprivation of English this summer.  Leave any ideas in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, because everyone should, and it will keep you occupied for some time.

    ReplyDelete